Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelRelaxing Tucson desert oasis with golf, tennis, spa
Popular property highlights
Situated on 500 acres at the base of the Santa Catalina Mountains, 13 miles from downtown Tucson, the El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort offers a Sonoran setting with up-close views of Pusch Ridge.
Golf, pools, tennis
Guests have access to 2 championship 18-hole golf courses, a 9-hole course, 10 tennis courts at 2 tennis centers, spa services, and a “water oasis” featuring a waterslide pool and spa tubs.
Desert and Garden Views
Southwestern-style guestrooms and casitas at this Tucson-area Hilton have desert or garden views, Hilton Serenity beds, and CD player/clock radios with MP3 docking stations.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort
Located within 3 miles (4.82 kilometers) of Catalina State Park and 13 miles (21 kilometers) from downtown Tucson, El Conquistador Tucson, A Hilton Resort offers many recreational opportunities. These include 3 golf courses and a putting green, 10 lighted tennis courts, a 24-hour fitness center, and spa services (surcharges may apply).
The Desert Springs Oasis area has a 143-foot (43-meter) waterslide, a fish-shaped children's pool, and hot and cold spa tubs. Guests can enjoy 5 on-site restaurants, including indoor, outdoor, or poolside dining.
The hotel’s full-service spa, Elements Spa, features a mountain view and offers body wraps and other treatments.
This Arizona resort has a staffed business center, conference center, computer station, and free WiFi in public areas.
Valet parking (surcharge) and complimentary self-parking are provided.
This resort is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Number of outdoor pools - 3
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 16
- Free self parking
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Pool sun loungers
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 9290
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 100000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Outdoor tennis courts - 10
- Spa tub
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 428
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 3
- Wedding services
- Golf course on site
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pools
- Children's pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Outdoor tennis courts
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms:
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room safe
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Sundance Café - Casual dining. American and Southwestern fare. Breakfast and lunch.
Dos Locos - Festive restaurant with high ceilings. Outdoor patio with view of the Catalina Mountains. Specializing in Nuevo Latino cuisine. Small and large plates available. Prickly pear margaritas and other specialty cocktails. Reservations recommended. Nightly dinner.
Desert Spring Cantina - Poolside dining, outdoor dining areas. Sandwiches, salads, appetizers, and a full bar. Open seasonally for lunch.
La Vista Café - Located at El Conquistador Golf Club, with mountain and city views from most tables. Burgers, salads, wraps, and other light fare. Daily lunch.
Conquistador Lounge - Lobby bar with pool and mountain views. Southwestern décor, bubbling fountains, and high ceilings. Starbucks coffee drinks, and full cocktail bar. Open from early morning to late evening.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
Sample menu for Dos Locos restaurant
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities are either at the resort or its country club, which is 3 miles away.
Golf lessons are available on-site. In addition to 3 golf courses–the 9-hole Pusch Ridge, 18-hole The Conquistador, and 18-hole Canada–the resort has 10 lighted tennis courts at 2 tennis centers (lessons available for surcharge), and a 24-hour fitness center with spa treatment rooms. Also featured are 4 pools – equipped with sun loungers – which include a large freeform pool with 143-foot waterslide, a fish-shaped children's pool, and a 6-lane lap pool. 6 spa tubs and a cold-dip plunge are also on site.
Regulation racquetball (surcharge), basketball, and volleyball courts are additional recreational options, as are trails for jogging, walking, and biking. Personal trainers are available, and aerobics, yoga, Pilates, aqua, and stretching classes are offered (surcharges).
Daily complimentary activities, designed for children, might include whale races, water scavenger hunts, water balloon tosses, basketball shootouts, and volleyball games.
Situated at the foot of the Santa Catalina Mountains, the resort offers opportunities for mountain hiking and exploration. Mountain bike rentals are available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Horse riding/rental on site
- Mountain biking on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.00 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Up to 75 lb
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Shuttle service
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room bottled water
- Self parking
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 15 per day
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per stay
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort Oro Valley
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf Tennis Oro Valley
- Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf Tennis Resort Oro Valley
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.