Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tupelo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music and theaters. A top sight in the city is BancorpSouth Arena.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Tupelo
- The closest major airport is in Tupelo, MS (TUP-Tupelo Regional), 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Corinth, MS (CRX-Roscoe Turner Field), 45.8 mi (73.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tupelo
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Tupelo Automobile Museum, Oren Dunn City Museum, and Jamie L Witten Historical Center. Notable city landmarks like Elvis Presley Center and Bethlehem United Methodist Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Tupelo National Battlefield, Trace State Park, and Fulton City Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Tupelo. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Tupelo Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Candlewood Suites Tupelo North - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Best Western New Albany - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Tupelo include BancorpSouth Arena.
Dressing for Tupelo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tupelo is 55.00 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F