Visiting Tybee Island
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Tybee Island, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés.
- You'll find 893 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Savannah
- The closest major airport is in Hilton Head Island, SC (HHH), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Savannah, GA (SAV-Savannah - Hilton Head Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tybee Island
The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Back River Beach, Tybee Island Beach, and Mid Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tybee Island Fishing Pier and Pavilion and Tybee Island Marine Science Center.
In Tybee Island, you'll be able to select from 390 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Surf Song Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Lighthouse Inn Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with cable TV.
- DeSoto Beach Gardens - This 2.5-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its room size and walkable location.
Dressing for Tybee Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Average annual rainfall for Tybee Island is 50.31 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 41°F