Visiting University Place
Families enjoy visiting University Place though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants, sporting events, and mountain views. Around the area, top sights include Museum of Glass, Tacoma Dome, and Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium.
- You'll find 185 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tacoma
- The closest major airport is in Seattle, WA (SEA-Seattle - Tacoma Intl.), 19.4 mi (31.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Olympia, WA (OLM-Olympia Regional), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in University Place
A favorite place to visit in the city is Chambers Bay Golf Course. In the area, you'll also find Museum of Glass and Tacoma Dome.
As you make plans for a getaway to University Place, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 131 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- 5 Bed House-water Views, Near Chambers Bay Golf.a Del Mar Vacation Property is located 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the heart of University Place. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in SeaTac can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Anderson Landing-fabulous Views-manager Abigail's Vacation Rentals is 1 mi (1.5 km) from the center of University Place. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in SeaTac can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and central location.
- Chambers Bay View Apartment is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from central University Place. This 2-star hotel in SeaTac features free WiFi, a fitness center, and a free airport shuttle. Our customers like its overall value and WiFi.
Top places to see around the area include Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, located 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Puyallup Fairgrounds, which is 12 mi (19.3 km) away.
Dressing for University Place
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 34°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 33°F as the nighttime average
- University Place gets about 40.47 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 34°F