Get an overview of this hotel5-star resort near the beach
Popular property highlights
Downtown: 10 minutes
This Carmelo, Uruguay hotel is a 10-minute drive from Carmelo's center and San Rogue's Chapel. The area's wineries are within a 15-minute drive of this property.
Golf, tennis, pool
Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection in Uruguay features a golf course, a multi-level outdoor pool, 2 tennis courts, and a health club as well as restaurants, lounges, and a full-service health spa.
Nestling within the forest, Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection offers 20 bungalows, including 6 overlooking the river, and 24 bi-level suites. Each accommodation features open-beamed ceilings with fans.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection by Hyatt
Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection by Hyatt in Uruguay features the Spa Holistico, an Internet point, and 2 tennis courts. The fitness facilities offer fitness equipment and a range of classes. Supervised child care is available for a fee. 2 restaurants and 2 lounges are on site, and a free buffet breakfast is provided daily. Room service is available 24 hours a day. There are designated smoking areas.
The hotel offers meeting facilities, with a 1,141-square-foot (106-square-meter) conference room and catering options. Airport transportation is available.
The outdoor pool, open seasonally, is tiled in shades of blue; 3 levels are connected via brief waterfalls.
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Free shopping center shuttle
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Rooftop terrace
- Fitness facilities
- Children's club
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Free breakfast
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Year Built 1999
- Free self parking
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Children's club (free)
- Smoke-free property
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Supervised childcare/activities (free)
- Conference space size (meters) - 106
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Airport transportation - pickup (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Conference space size (feet) - 1141
- Concierge services
- Pool umbrellas
- Outdoor tennis courts - 2
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 44
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 1
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Parking (limited spaces)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room safe
- DVD player
- Balcony or patio
- Free weekday newspaper
- Access via exterior corridors
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Premium TV channels
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Satellite TV service
- Free wired Internet
- iPod docking station
- Partially open bathroom
- Second bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Room service (24 hours)
- LCD TV
- Sofa bed size
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
- Sofa bed
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free WiFi
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- First-run movies
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Pura - Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast is served daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM for a fee. Décor includes batik drapery and panels with mythical Balinese figures. The restaurant centers on a mosaic pool with a Balinese spirit house in its center.
Rio Bar Restaurant - Offers poolside al fresco dining and drinks. Reservations required in summer.
Shiva Lounge - Vividly painted panels, animal prints, plush cushions, and Asian statuary frame this lounge. Open each evening.
Lobby Lounge - Sunset and river views. Located in front of the reception desk.
In-room dining - Available 24 hours a day.
A free buffet breakfast is served daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Nearby Things to Do
The fitness facilities at Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection by Hyatt in Uruguay offer fitness equipment, a resting area with a fireplace, a meditation room, and locker rooms with saunas. Aerobic classes, seasonal organized walks, stretching classes, and yoga classes are complimentary.
In addition to 2 tennis courts, the hotel offers an 18-hole, par-72 golf course that incorporates wetlands, native trees, and lakes.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Playground on site
- Free bicycles on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The Spa Holistico at Carmelo Resort & Spa, the Unbound Collection in Uruguay blends Asian and South American philosophies. A unique selection of massage, relaxation and beauty treatments are available. There are 6 treatment rooms, including a couples treatment room, a spa tub, sauna and spa café.
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Thai massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 85.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 35.00 per day.
- Pets stay free
- Dogs only
- Up to 10 kg
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- All citizens of Uruguay will be charged the national value-added tax (10%) from November 15 to the day after Easter. However, business travelers from firms in Uruguay will be charged the value-added tax year round. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax.
- Resort fee: 12 percent of room rate
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 640.00 per vehicle
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 35.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 85.00 per day
- Four Seasons Carmelo
- 4 Seasons Resort Carmelo
- Carmelo Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Resort Carmelo Hotel Carmelo
- Four Seasons Resort Carmelo Uruguay
- Carmelo Resort
- Carmelo Resort & Spa. A Hyatt Hotel Uruguay
- Carmelo Spa
- Four Seasons Resort Carmelo Hotel
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the ferry terminal and airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 72 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Reservations are required for golf tee times, massage services, and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.