Visitors to Val-des-Monts are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Around the area, top sights include National Gallery of Canada, Parliament Hill, and Camp Fortune.
- You'll find 54 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gatineau
- The closest major airport is in Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.), 25.5 mi (41 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Val-des-Monts
A favorite place to visit in the city is Lafleche Aerial Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find National Gallery of Canada and Parliament Hill.
As you plan your trip to Val-des-Monts, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 191 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Domaine Baie Mud is located 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the heart of Val-des-Monts. This 4-star lodge in Lac-McGregor features free WiFi, free parking, and spa treatment rooms.
- Private Lakefront Villa Near Ottawa/edelweiss Valley Resort is 3.2 mi (5.2 km) from central Val-des-Monts. This 3.5-star hotel in Ottawa features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
- Cabin on a Lake in Quebec, Close to Town! is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the center of Val-des-Monts. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Elgin Street can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Camp Fortune, 15.2 mi/24.5 km from the heart of the city, and Canadian Museum of History, which is 18.2 mi/29.2 km away.
Dressing for Val-des-Monts
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 43°F and the nighttime average to be -2°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 7°F at night
- Val-des-Monts gets about 1.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°F