Visitors to Valparaiso are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, sporting events, and live music.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Valparaiso
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 41.6 mi (66.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Valparaiso
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Valparaiso University is worth a campus tour. In the area, you'll also find Deep River Water Park and Bailly Homestead - American Indians and Fur Traders.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Valparaiso. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Songbird Prairie Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western University Inn At Valparaiso - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Valparaiso
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- About 40.75 inches of rain falls on Valparaiso each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F