Great Location - Unforgiving Staff.
Posted Nov 28, 2016
There's a good chance those of you reading may have family/guests joining you long after check-in. Let my experience serve as a warning before you book.
Forewarning: This hotel programmed their elevators to always stop at the lobby regardless which direction its going and every single person is carded upon re-entry.
After check-in and returning from a night out with friends & family, the following scenario played out:
- After seeing IDs, the employee working denies everyone from going up. Tells us that we need to pay for extra guests.
- OK, hes following rules. I offer to pay. He denies that request.
- I ask why. He says it's hotel policy.
- Baffled, I ask to book another room and - without hesitation - he says the hotel is full without checking the system.
- 2 unrelated hotel guests return from dinner (who both stayed the night before) and get denied since one wasn't 'registered'.
- Now, 3 rooms worth of people are arguing with this worker in the lobby.
- Ultimately, 2 of us were allowed to grab things from our rooms.
- Seeing no solution and no refund, we got rooms at a motel.
- Was told to "Never book with us again" while leaving.
- Anyone returning after 10PM, not 'registered', will be denied entry
- Guests can't be added if they show up late.
- You can still be denied even if you already stayed a night
- Staff would rather lose your business than help.
- 1-star reviews from other sites prove that this is reoccurring. Even wedding parties aren't safe.
Comment from Hotel Management
Dec 2, 2016 by Anastasios Theodoropoulos , Hotel Management
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Best Western Plus Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We regret to hear that you were disappointed with our staff. We take the security and comfort of all our guests very seriously. We do have an in house policy whereby only registered guests are allowed back into the hotel after 10pm. We apologize if this was not communicated to you and for the inconvenienced caused. We have followed up with our team about your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us.
Should you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me.