Book your room at Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
Get an overview of this hotelVancouver boutique hotel across from Pacific Centre
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Ideal downtown locale
Overlooking Pacific Centre mall, this downtown Vancouver luxury hotel is 2 blocks from Robson Street's chic shops, 3 blocks from the theater district, and 7 blocks from Gastown.
Guests of the Metropolitan Hotel can relax around the indoor atrium pool, exercise in the fitness center, or dine at the elegant Diva at the Met, an acclaimed restaurant featuring Northwestern specialties.
Metropolitan Hotel's 197 guestrooms feature contemporary furnishings, down duvets, marble bathrooms, free toiletries, minibars, flat-panel TVs, and free wired and wireless Internet access.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver645 Howe St. Vancouver BC V6C 2Y9
Built under the guidance of a Feng Shui master—Foo dogs guard the entrance—the 18-story Metropolitan is an intimate boutique hotel with a keen interest in privacy and security, much appreciated by business and film-industry guests. Families like the kid-friendly attitude that includes delivery of milk and cookies to guestrooms.
This downtown Vancouver hotel is ideally situated in the center of Vancouver's business district, across from Pacific Centre Mall, 2 blocks from Robson Street's chic shops, 3 blocks from the theater district, and 7 blocks from Gastown. A Canada Line station a half-block away offers easy access to Vancouver International Airport.
The hotel is approximately an hour via public transit from Grouse Mountain, offering skiing in the winter and ziplining in the summer. Other nearby activities include jogging, ice skating, and boat cruises.
The hotel features a business center, secretarial services, and extensive meeting facilities. Wired and wireless Internet access are complimentary.
This is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Computer station
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 83959
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Indoor pool
- Luggage storage
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 18
- One meeting room
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Ski storage
- Smoke-free property
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 197
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Indoor pool
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV service
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Free weekday newspaper
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Flat-panel TV
- Free local calls
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe
- iPod docking station
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Video-game console
Where to Eat
Diva at the Met - The hotel's award-winning restaurant has a 600-entry wine list. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, it specializes in contemporary Canadian cuisine using fresh, seasonal regional ingredients. Longtime menu favorites include wild sockeye salmon, smoked Alaskan sablefish, and cinnamon-smoked duck. Decor is elegant—marble and original art abound—but guests are welcome to come as they are.
Nearby Things to Do
In addition to its own health and recreation facilities, which include a fitness center, squash court, and 40-foot indoor pool and spa, hotel staff can arrange excursions to some of the region's finest golf courses, including Westwood Plateau and Furry Creek on the Sea to Sky Highway. Running trails are nearby and the concierge can arrange for bike rentals. The start of the Vancouver seawall, a 19-km (12-mile) paved pedestrian pathway, is 4 blocks from the hotel. The hotel is approximately an hour on public transit from Grouse Mountain, where guests can enjoy winter sports and ziplining during warmer months.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snowboarding nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 19
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 30 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of CAD 30.00 per stay
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Resort fee
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: CAD 16 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: CAD 40.66 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 40.66 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: CAD 30.00 per stay
- Pet fee: CAD 30 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: CAD 30 per night
- Hotel Metropolitan Vancouver
- Metropolitan Hotel
- Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver
- Metropolitan Vancouver
- Metropolitan Vancouver Hotel
- Vancouver Hotel Metropolitan
- Vancouver Metropolitan
- Vancouver Metropolitan Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.