Book your room at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel near Robson Street shops
The iconic Fairmont Hotel Vancouver sits in the heart of downtown Vancouver, next to the Vancouver Art Gallery and a block from trendy shops and restaurants on Robson Street. Historic Gastown is 8 blocks away.
The traditional lobby, wrapped in Italian marble, features antique furnishings and crystal chandeliers. Guests can enjoy the health club, pool, and Absolute Spa. Meeting facilities include a grand ballroom.
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver's rooms are furnished with reproduction antique pieces. Décor showcases rich fabrics and gold-framed mirrors. Amenities include high-speed Internet access (surcharge), 24-hour room service, and flat-screen TVs.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver900 West Georgia St Vancouver BC V6C2W6
Renovations & Closures
- Select guestrooms
Named as one of Canada's great railway hotels, the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver opened in 1939. Early guests included the English monarchs George VI and Queen Elizabeth. The Fairmont Hotel turns 75 in 2014. Its elegant décor and chateau-style architecture have never gone out of fashion with guests who appreciate the prime downtown location and extensive business facilities. The hotel's busy lobby is an attraction in itself-- Italian marble floors, Edwardian frescoes, and antique furnishings. Valet and self parking are available (surcharge).
The on-site Absolute Spa's decor incorporates stainless steel and leather, and offers a women's and men's relaxation lounge. The pool and spa complex includes a children's wading pool. The hotel's 24-hour health club offers the latest exercise equipment.
The hotel also provides a fully equipped business center with high-speed Internet access (surcharge), extensive meeting facilities, and a grand ballroom. A concierge can assist with city tours. Hotel shopping highlights include Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and St. John Boutique.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Children's pool
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 55000
- Conference space size (meters) - 5110
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Indoor pool
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 17
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 14
- Number of meeting rooms - 16
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Ski storage
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 557
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 1939
Family Friendly Amenities
- Children's pool
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Indoor pool
Available in all rooms: Wired internet access ( CA$13.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CA$13.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( CA$13.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV service
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Flat-panel TV
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Shower/tub combination
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Notch8 Restaurant & Bar - Located in the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Notch8 is great for breakfast, business lunches, cocktails or a perfect dinner for two. International flair and local products create a classic, simple, fresh food.
Nearby Things to Do
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver has a 50-foot-long atrium swimming pool as well as a full-service health club.
The hotel is four blocks from where the Vancouver seawall begins. The seawall is a 19-km (12-mile) paved pathway suitable for running, cycling, in-line skating, and strolling. Less than one mile away is Stanley Park, a 1,000-acre green space with walking paths, cycling trails, tennis courts, playgrounds, beaches, and a pitch-and-putt golf course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver features the luxurious Absolute Spa. The spa's treatments include massages, facials, manicures, and therapeutic bath treatments.
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
Check-out time is Noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 16.00 and CAD 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 55.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 55.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont Hotel
We should mention
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.