Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel near Robson Street shops
Popular property highlights
The iconic Fairmont Hotel Vancouver sits in the heart of downtown Vancouver, next to the Vancouver Art Gallery and a block from trendy shops and restaurants on Robson Street. Historic Gastown is 8 blocks away.
The traditional lobby, wrapped in Italian marble, features antique furnishings and crystal chandeliers. Guests can enjoy the health club, pool, and Absolute Spa. Meeting facilities include a grand ballroom.
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver's rooms are furnished with reproduction antique pieces. Décor showcases rich fabrics and gold-framed mirrors. Amenities include high-speed Internet access (surcharge), 24-hour room service, and flat-screen TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
Renovations & Closures
Named as one of Canada's great railway hotels, the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver opened in 1939. Early guests included the English monarchs George VI and Queen Elizabeth. The Fairmont Hotel turns 75 in 2014. Its elegant décor and chateau-style architecture have never gone out of fashion with guests who appreciate the prime downtown location and extensive business facilities. The hotel's busy lobby is an attraction in itself-- Italian marble floors, Edwardian frescoes, and antique furnishings. Valet and self parking are available (surcharge).
The on-site Absolute Spa's decor incorporates stainless steel and leather, and offers a women's and men's relaxation lounge. The pool and spa complex includes a children's wading pool. The hotel's 24-hour health club offers the latest exercise equipment.
The hotel also provides a fully equipped business center with high-speed Internet access (surcharge), extensive meeting facilities, and a grand ballroom. A concierge can assist with city tours. Hotel shopping highlights include Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and St. John Boutique.
- Express check-in
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 17
- Year Built 1939
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Health club
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Children's pool
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 5110
- Number of meeting rooms - 16
- Ski storage
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 55000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 557
- Number of floors - 14
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 13.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- Flat-panel TV
Where to Eat
Notch8 Restaurant & Bar - Located in the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. Notch8 is great for breakfast, business lunches, cocktails or a perfect dinner for two. International flair and local products create a classic, simple, fresh food.
Nearby Things to Do
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver has a 50-foot-long atrium swimming pool as well as a full-service health club.
The hotel is four blocks from where the Vancouver seawall begins. The seawall is a 19-km (12-mile) paved pathway suitable for running, cycling, in-line skating, and strolling. Less than one mile away is Stanley Park, a 1,000-acre green space with walking paths, cycling trails, tennis courts, playgrounds, beaches, and a pitch-and-putt golf course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Snowboarding nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Downhill skiing nearby
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver features the luxurious Absolute Spa. The spa's treatments include massages, facials, manicures, and therapeutic bath treatments.
- Facial treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Check-in time ends at 11:00 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 16.00 and CAD 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 62.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 62.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per day
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
- Fairmont Vancouver
- Vancouver Fairmont Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.