Visiting Vancouver National Historic Reserve
Visitors can enjoy all that Vancouver National Historic Reserve has to offer including the restaurants, gardens, and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours. Around the area, top sights include Moda Center, Portland International Raceway, and Portland Meadows Racetrack.
- There are 618 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vancouver National Historic Reserve
The city is notable for landmarks like General Oliver Otis Howard House, Officers Row, and Ulysses S. Grant House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pearson Air Museum and Vancouver Land Bridge.
As you plan your vacation to Vancouver National Historic Reserve, the best accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 417 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Red Lion Hotel on the River - Jantzen Beach is located within 1.1 mi (1.7 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Portland can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
- Oxford Suites Portland - Jantzen Beach is located 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city center. This 3-star hotel in Portland features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Moda Center, 6.4 mi/10.3 km from the heart of the city, and Portland International Raceway, which is 2.3 mi (3.6 km) away.
Dressing for Vancouver National Historic Reserve
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 31°F at night
- Vancouver National Historic Reserve gets about 41.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 33°F