Visitors can enjoy all that Vavuniya has to offer including its museums. In Vavuniya, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vavuniya
Favorite places to visit in the city include Grand Jummah Mosque, Vavuniya Archaeological Museum, and Kudiirrpu Pillayar Kovil. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your holiday getaway to Vavuniya, you can choose from these places to stay within 5 miles of the central area.
- Hotel Oviya is located in the heart of Vavuniya. This 3-star hotel in Irampaikkulam features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Thampa Hotel is 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Vavuniya can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Vavuniya
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 73°F
- About 2.44 inches of rain falls on Vavuniya each year
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 72°F