OK Place to stay in Venice
Posted Aug 1, 2015
We stayed in mid July (high 30s most days and very humid (Note: high humidity is normal in Venice, not normally much above 30)
- Hotel is clean, beds are comfortable.
- Owner has a lot of good stories and great recommendations.
- Location is in a quieter area, a bit of a walk but we thought it was good.
Facilities are a dated
- No WiFi (Note: most places in Venice are stingy with WiFI passwords. While there is WIFI ieverywhere, its not free or easily accessed. You have to eat at the place there to get the WiFi pw. Not having WiFi in the hotel was a real pain.)
- Air conditioning is poor but just enough to get by. It was extremely hot and stopped altogether in both our party's rooms on our 3rd night which was unbearable, no sleep.
- Breakfast included in the room. You actually take it in your room. Can't get it until 8:30 which was too late in our minds. Its ok but .minimal though. (White buns, 1 jam each, 1 butter for the two, cup of black tea each, hot milk and and 1 cup of juice for the two of you. Some pre-packaged toast and mini cake.)
- TV didn't work and was probably 20 years old (Yes, you are not there for TV but we generally came back for an afternoon break since to rest for a few hours and change since it was so hot. TV would have been nice. There is no lobby or anything were you can go and hangout at the hotel).
- No phone in room (most people have cell phones, so get an Italian SIM card before coming, so it doesn't matter