Get an overview of this hotelOpulent Venice hotel next to St Mark's square
Popular property highlights
By Grand Canal
Regarded as Venice's first lodging, this hotel dates from the 12th century and lies just 50 metres from St Mark's Square, facing a small canal which leads to the Grand Canal 75 metres away.
The breakfast room features 18th-century ceiling frescoes from Giambattista Tiepolo's school; guests of the Baglioni Hotel Luna can dine on Italian and Venetian specialties in the restaurant.
Guestrooms feature 18th-century-style Venetian and French decor, including silk-damask walls and Murano-glass chandeliers. All include TVs with satellite channels, safes, minibars, and WiFi.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Baglioni Hotel Luna
Over the centuries the Baglioni Hotel Luna has been renovated many times, most recently in 2005-06. In the 18th century, for instance, students of Gianbattista Tiepolo embellished the building with frescoes, some of which survive in the opulent reception-and-breakfast salon called the Marco Polo Room. Guest services include free WiFi and a 24-hour business center.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Shopping on site
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 91
- Television in common areas
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 5
- Free WiFi
- Wedding services
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Room service (24 hours)
- Plasma TV
Where to Eat
Canova - Ornate fine-dining restaurant overlooking San Marco Lagoon. Serves Italian and Venetian specialties such as Tagliolini with Scampi, Seabass with Artichokes and Chives, and Veal Scallops in Gorgonzola Sauce. Open for lunch and dinner daily.
Marco Polo Room - Breakfast salon featuring Murano-glass chandeliers, gilded mirrors, fresh flowers, and 18th-century ceiling frescoes from Giambattista Tiepolo's school. Buffet breakfast (surcharge) served daily.
Caffè Baglioni - Canal-view bar-lounge with molded ceiling, orange silk-damask walls, floral brocade chairs, and marble floor, providing views of side canal and the Royal Garden of St Mark's. Open mid-morning to late night for appetisers, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and cocktails.
Nearby Things to Do
The Lido, a slender, 11-kilometre-long island facing the Adriatic Sea, lies a 15-minute water-bus ride east of historical Venice's centre. In summer it becomes the city's playground, when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians alike. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, take horseback rides, and play golf, tennis, and volleyball. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 16 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 77.0 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 50 per accommodation, per stay
- 1 per room (up to 15 kg)
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5.00 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 35 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 230 per room (roundtrip)
- Pet fee: EUR 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 77.0 per night
- Baglioni Luna
- Hotel Baglioni
- Hotel Luna
- Hotel Luna Baglioni
- Luna Baglioni
- Luna Baglioni Hotel
- Luna Baglioni Venice
- Luna Hotel
- Luna Hotel Baglioni
- Luna Hotel Baglioni Venice
- Luna Hotel Venice
- Baglioni Hotel Luna Venice
- Baglioni Luna Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 16 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Baglioni Hotel Luna is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.