Translation is not available.
Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelModern luxury hotel near St Mark's Square
Popular property highlights
By Grand Canal
Set in Venice's most fashionable shopping district, this hotel 150 meters west of St Mark's Square features two terraces providing views of the Grand Canal's junction with St Mark's Basin.
During their stay guests can dine on Venetian and Mediterranean cuisine, and enjoy cocktails on the terraces overlooking the Grand Canal; in winter an indoor bar offers DJ or live music nightly.
Minibars in rooms
Bauer Palazzo's guestrooms feature individual decor combining Art Deco and Venetian influences; all include free WiFi, safes, minibars, and marble bathrooms with complimentary toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The hotel has a beauty salon offering hair and nail care. For a discounted daily surcharge of €15 (subject to change), guests of the Bauer Palazzo can benefit from the access to a fitness center with men's and women's saunas and steam rooms in the adjacent partner hotel.
Free wireless Internet access is also available in public areas. Complimentary breakfast is offered.
Other hotel's amenities include business center, one meeting room, banquet facilities, babystting/childcare service, medical assistance available, and safe box at front desk.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Free breakfast
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 191
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 8
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Guests of Bauer Palazzo enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning.
De Pisis - Fine dining restaurant serving Venetian and Mediterranean fare. Marble-floored dining room with green-and-gold Rubelli silk-tapestry walls. Wood terrace open spring to autumn lapped by Grand Canal and providing view of St Mark's Basin and the 17th-century Santa Maria della Salute church. Open for lunch and dinner.
Grand Canal Bar - Lounge with Grand Canal views. Indoor area with gold marble floor and dark-green leather club chairs. Grand Canal terrace with umbrella tables and potted plants flanked by 18th-century palace and narrow side canal providing view of St Mark's Basin and the 17th-century Santa Maria della Salute church. Open mid-morning to late night for snacks and cocktails.
B Bar - Indoor cocktail lounge with marble floor, cove ceilings, and photographs of Bauer Palazzo's former celebrity guests such as Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy, and Humphrey Bogart. Live or DJ music. Open in winter only from early evening to late night for snacks and cocktails.
Nearby Things to Do
The Lido, a slender, 11-kilometre-long island facing the Adriatic Sea lies a 15-minute water-bus ride east of historical Venice's centre. In summer it becomes the city's playground, when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians alike. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, take horseback rides, and play golf, tennis, and volleyball. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 150.0 per night.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 150.0 per night
- Bauer Hotel
- Bauer Hotel Venice
- Bauer Venice
- Hotel Bauer
- Bauer Palazzo Hotel Venice
- Bauer Palazzo Hotel
- Bauer Palazzo Venice
- Bauer Il Palazzo Venice
- Bauer Il Palazzo Hotel Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Bauer Palazzo is listed in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.