Expedia Verified Reviews
Still deciding where to stay?
Try similar properties good for: marinas, monuments, historical
Get an overview of this hotelRomantic Venice hotel by Madonna dell'Orto church
Popular property highlights
Originally an 18th-century ambassador's residence, this hotel is in a secluded corner in Venice's Cannaregio quarter, a block from the Madonna dell'Orto church.
Shaded paths wind through an idyllic garden with arching bridge, fountain, statuary, and Il Giardino Segret's outdoor tables; complimentary motorboat transfer is offered from the hotel to Piazza San Marco.
66 rooms with satellite television
Grand Hotel Dei Dogi offers 66 sumptuous guestrooms featuring premium bedding, free toiletries, Murano-glass chandeliers and silk fabrics; all include minibars, safes, and 21-inch satellite TV with Internet access.
Grand Hotel Dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection
Grand Hotel Dei Dogi, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection stands on the north side of the city, removed from the crowds of central Venice. Yet attractions such as the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark's Square are easily reached by vaporetto (city water bus), or on foot. The 16th-century Jewish Ghetto is a five-minute walk, and St. Mark's Square and the Doge's Palace are about 30 minutes away.
In addition to its opulent public spaces, hotel highlights include a restaurant, a stylish bar, childcare, and a lovely garden leading to the water. The Luxury Spa, the hotel's full-service spa, offers body treatments, facials, and massages along with a wellness center, sauna, Turkish bath, relaxation area, and solarium.
Grand Hotel Dei Dogi is a smoke-free property. Parking is available nearby for a surcharge.
- Express check-in
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 3
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 66
- Number of floors - 4
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Daily housekeeping
Where to Eat
Il Giardino Segret - This intimate restaurant has exposed beams, Tuscan-red walls, conical lights, silver plates, and candleholders of Murano glass. The menu is international, with an emphasis on Venetian specialties. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Outdoor dining on the terrace is available in warmer months.
American Bar - Open from midday to late night, the bar serves coffee, tea, snacks, and drinks, including six types of whiskey. Behind the bar is a display of multicolored Murano goblets.
Nearby Things to Do
Numerous recreational diversions are available on the Lido, an island famous for its beach and as the site of the Venice International Film Festival. The Lido is a 10-minute boat ride from St. Mark's Square.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Spa tub in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Detoxification wrap
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 25 per pet, per night
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Fee for full breakfast: EUR 25 per person (approximately)
- Nearby parking fee: EUR 26 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per night
- Boscolo Autograph Collection
- Boscolo Venezia
- Boscolo Venezia Autograph Collection Hotel
- Boscolo Venezia Autograph Collection Hotel Venice
- Boscolo Venezia Autograph Collection Venice
- Venezia Boscolo
- Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection Hotel Venice
- Boscolo Dei Dogi Hotel Venice
- Boscolo Dei Dogi Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).