Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Venice hotel, steps from Piazza San Marco
Popular property highlights
Near St. Marks Sq
This historic Venice hotel, dating from the 14th century, is located on Riva degli Shiavoni overlooking the Venice lagoon and 100 metres from St. Mark's Square and Doge's Palace.
Fine dining and stunning views
Guests of the Hotel Danieli can enjoy culinary creations inspired by Venice's historic role as the crossroads between East and West, combined with panoramic views of Venice and the lagoon.
Venetian-style guestrooms, some with lagoon views, offer air conditioning, free WiFi, flat-panel TVs, safes, and Italian marble bathrooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice
The Hotel Danieli consists of three interconnecting palaces, including the 14th century gothic Dandolo Palace, the baroque 19th century Casa Nuova, and Palazzo Danieli Excelsior. Guests can take advantage of privileged access to private beaches, water sports, tennis, and golf in season, and indulge in in-room spa treatments. Guests can also take advantage of the seasonal outdoor pool at the nearby partner property (reservation required). Afternoon tea and cocktails are offered at Bar Dandolo. Guests can close the day with dinner at Restaurant Terrazza Danieli and the reflections of Venice all around.
- Babysitting or childcare
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 215
- Number of floors - 4
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Free newspaper
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Pay movies
Where to Eat
Restaurant Terrazza Danieli - Located in an intimate and romantic setting on the top floor of Palazzo Danieli Excelsior. Serves cuisine inspired by Venice's historic role as the crossroads between East and West, combining the rich history of the Serenissima with panoramic views of Venice and its lagoon. Outdoor dining is available on the panoramic terrace from May or even earlier, weather permitting, until October.
Bar Dandolo - Set in the grand hallway of the hotel, the bar offers afternoon tea, snacks, drinks and cocktails, and guests can enjoy live music during the evenings.
Bar Terrazza Danieli - Outdoor setting on the top floor of Palazzo Danieli Excelsior, open from June to September from 3 PM until 6:30 PM, weather permitting. Offers panoramic views of the lagoon and Venice, and serves snacks, fresh drinks, fruit, and classic cocktails.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Boat tours on site
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 2 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 125.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Breakfast fee: between EUR 39 and EUR 49 per person (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 125.0 per night
- Danieli Hotel
- Danieli Venice
- Hotel Danieli a Luxury Collection Hotel
- Hotel Danieli Venice
- Hotel Danieli Luxury Collection Hotel Venice
- Hotel Danieli Luxury Collection Hotel
- Danieli Luxury Collection Venice
- Danieli Luxury Collection
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 2 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Danieli, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice is listed in the 2012 Travel + Leisure 500.