Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelA luxury boutique hotel behind Saint Mark Square
Popular property highlights
By Grand Canal
Built in the 15th century by a Venetian noble family, this converted palace overlooks a side canal off Venice's Grand Canal and lies 50 meters from St Mark's Square and Basilica.
Guests of the Hotel Dona Palace can relax in the garden courtyard adjacent to the hotel's water-taxi dock and in the lounge, which features the palace's original ceiling and Byzantine arches.
Air-conditioned guestrooms feature 19th-century-Biedermeier-style furniture and come equipped with LCD TVs, safes, minibars, and free WiFi. The Royal Suite offers a marble bathroom with a glass mosaic tub/shower.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Hotel Dona Palace
Guests of Hotel Dona Palace can use free WiFi, available throughout the hotel, to keep in touch and plan days out.There's a concierge ready with tour suggestions and booking local restaurants, the multi language staff can assist with questions. Laundry facilities and dry cleaning are additional helpful amenities.
Room service is available for meals and drinks.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Year Built 2004
- Total number of rooms - 27
- Number of floors - 5
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Premium bedding
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- LCD TV
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Guests of Hotel Dona Palace can enjoy a full breakfast each morning.
The Cocktail Bar - Second-story bar-lounge open late morning to late night for snacks and drinks. Expansive lounge room with high wood-beam-and-tile ceiling, marble floor, highly polished wood bookshelves, yellow and red leather armchairs, potted plants, and balcony with side-canal views through four Byzantine arches. Adjoining bar room with parquet floor and etched frosted-glass windows.
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but guests receive a 15% discount at HK Wine Bar & Restaurant which is owned by the hotel.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 90.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 25.0 per day.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 15 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 4 kg)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 15 for adults and EUR 15 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: EUR 15 per pet, per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 25.0 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 90.0 per night
- Dona Hotel
- Dona Palace
- Dona Palace Hotel
- Dona Palace Venice
- Hotel Dona
- Hotel Dona Palace
- Hotel Dona Palace Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).