Get an overview of this hotelBoutique Venice hotel near Piazza San Marco
Near Piazza San Marco
With links to the famous Venetian composer, this small, centrally-located hotel sits on the waterfront promenade in Venice, 400 metres from Piazza San Marco and the Arsenale. The Bridge of Sighs is nearby.
Guests can disembark at the private landing stage, relax with a book in the lobby lounge, and enjoy a drink and a meal on the terrace with its panoramic views, or in the Gritti Bar.
Minibars in rooms
Locanda Vivaldi's 27 guestrooms individually decorated, featuring traditional decor with richly-colored fabrics; all include minibars, complimentary wireless Internet access, and private bathrooms with toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Locanda Vivaldi
Locanda Vivaldi's guests can disembark at the private wharf and relax in the antique-filled lobby lounge. In summer, drinks and dinner can be enjoyed on the upstairs terrace accompanied by panoramic views, while in winter hotel guests mingle in the typically-Venetian Gritti Bar.
Multilingual staff on the 24-hour front desk can offer information on Venice and help book tours and tickets. Breakfast is available for a surcharge.
The traditionally-decorated, beamed meeting room can accommodate approximately 35 people and has a widescreen television; the hotel can arrange audio-visual equipment hire.
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Total number of rooms - 27
- Number of floors - 4
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Express check-in
- One meeting room
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free WiFi
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- In-room safe
- Sofa bed
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Partially open bathroom
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free WiFi
Where to Eat
Guests of the Locanda Vivaldi enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast each morning.
Terrace Restaurant- Open seasonally during good weather to hotel guests for dinner only. Meals are served on the first-floor terrace with views of the lagoon and waterfront. A short seasonal menu of Venetian dishes is on offer, or guests can choose the taster menu. Tables are candlelit and an area is reserved for guests just wishing to have a drink. Restaurant is open from May to October.
Gritti Bar - Traditional, compact bar with marble floor and dark wood furniture. Open year round for drinks and snacks.
Nearby Things to Do
Lido, two kilometres away, (15 minutes by waterbus from the San Marco Zaccaria stop, 100 metres from the hotel) is the recreation and beach area of Venice and offers sporting and leisure opportunities. From the waterbus stop the beach is a five-minute bus journey or 15-minute walk.
The recreational activities listed below are available near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 2 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
No rollaway/extra beds available
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 4 rooms. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 4.50 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.25 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Hotel Locanda
- Hotel Locanda Vivaldi
- Hotel Locanda Vivaldi Venice
- Locanda Vivaldi
- Locanda Vivaldi Hotel
- Locanda Vivaldi Venice
- Locanda Vivaldi Hotel Venice
- Vivaldi Hotel Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 2 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.