Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelGlamorous hotel on Venice lagoon with free WiFi
Popular property highlights
Amid Venetian alleyways
Hotel Metropole has a private landing stage for arrivals by water taxi. Guests can walk to the Bridge of Sighs and Piazza San Marco in 5 minutes, and cruise the canals from the nearby vaporetto stop. The narrow streets behind the hotel are lined with upscale boutiques and restaurants.
The hotel’s MET restaurant has earned a Michelin star for its contemporary Venetian dishes. Guests can also order afternoon tea or evening cocktails in Oriental Bar - perhaps best enjoyed in the garden with its 16th-century well. The in-house gallery exhibits a private collection of antiques.
Unique rooms, free WiFi
Every room is individually designed, featuring 18th-century antiques, Art Deco elements, or oriental flourishes; modern perks include free WiFi. Guests can enjoy a private view of the garden or surrounding alleys and canals while savoring the atmosphere with a cool drink from the minibar.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and a garden. Concierge services and wedding services can be provided. Roundtrip airport shuttle service is available for a surcharge.
Hotel Metropole has designated areas for smoking.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Babysitting or childcare
- 24-hour front desk
- Year Built 1800
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Designated smoking areas
- Airport transportation
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 67
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge.
Met Restaurant - This fine-dining restaurant serves lunch only. Reservations are required. Open select days.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child 3 years old or younger stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 100 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 30 per accommodation, per night
- 1 per room (up to 5/6 kg)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available.
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 5 per person, per night for adults; EUR 2.50 per night for guests aged 10-16 years old.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 235 per vehicle (one way)
- Pet fee: EUR 30 per accommodation, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 100 per stay
- Hotel Metropole
- Hotel Metropole Venice
- Metropole Hotel
- Metropole Venice
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 3 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. In accordance with national/local laws, air conditioning may be restricted to certain hours from 01 November to 30 April. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.