Posted Jul 28, 2015
Hotel de la Ville is located a bit off the beaten path, at least tourist-wise, in a city that's a bit of the beaten path, tourist-wise.
Our room was a good size, with plenty of room for a desk and chair, and the large bed. The bed itself was fairly comfy, especially by European hotel bed standards, and we slept fine in it. There was a fridge/mini bar in a cabinet in the desk as well. Those aren't complimentary snacks though, as the prices are on a sheet on the desk. The bathroom was big and clean, with plenty of counter space and good water pressure in the shower.
Staff spoke English fairly well, and while they didn't have a business centre to print museum vouchers, since we only had to print a few pages they offered to let us use the computer at the main desk. We weren't able to get them printed due to some file format issues, but it was greatly appreciated.
- good price, especially compared to staying in Venice
- very good breakfast selection
- great staff
- not a lot near the hotel, but the #1 bus that runs by the hotel will take you to the main historic/downtown area
- Air conditioning was OK at best, a little slow to kick in and cool the room down
- there are definitely prostitutes walking along the street that the hotel is on
- a good two thirds of the city is closed on Mondays, including the big sights, so keep that in mind for your planning.