Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel on Victoria waterfront with spa
Popular property highlights
On scenic harbor
Overlooking the Inner Harbour, this landmark hotel is within steps of shop-lined Government Street and the copper-domed Parliament Buildings, and three blocks from the Maritime Museum.
Since its inception in 1908, The Fairmont Empress has been offering an elaborate traditional afternoon tea service in the majestic Tea Lobby. Afternoon tea has been served to royalty, celebrities, and travelers from around the globe.
Standard features of Fairmont Empress guestrooms include antique furnishings, armchairs, down duvets, ceiling fans, floral bedspreads and accent pillows, and signature bathrobes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Fairmont Empress
Renovations & Closures
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
- Select guestrooms
- Health club
- Indoor pool
The famed Empress Hotel, now a member of the esteemed Fairmont chain, has been offering its guests premier service and amenities since the hotel first opened its doors in 1908. Guests enjoy the use of an atrium pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness center, and the award-winning Willow Stream Spa.
Business services—including faxing, printing, and photocopying, as well as "light" secretarial services—are available, and a business center in the reception lobby has a computer with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). Wireless Internet access is also available in the lobby (surcharge).
A scheduled airport shuttle is also available for a surcharge. The property features an onsite garage parking (surcharge) and valet parking is available.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 8
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 464
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 22600
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Express check-in
- Full-service spa
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Health club
- Designated smoking areas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Picnic area
- Year Built 1908
- Number of restaurants - 4
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (meters) - 2100
- Number of meeting rooms - 33
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Electric kettle
- Portable fan
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Room service (24 hours)
Where to Eat
Enjoy a vibrant variety of dining experiences at the Fairmont Empress. Fresh ingredients celebrate local producers. Heighten your stay by dining in our sophisticated and timeless space.
Tea at the Empress - A tradition in Victoria for almost a century, with a modern chic ambiance. Choose from 21 loose leaf teas, including the famous Empress Blend.
Q At The Empress - Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Q Bar - Open from 11 AM - 1 AM with culinary offerings until midnight. Enjoy a selection of signature cocktails, an extensive wine list and local craft beers on tap.
Veranda - The Veranda overlooking the sparkling Inner Harbour is the place to be this summer for cocktails and delectable bites.
Lobby Lounge - The Lobby Lounge is the toast of Victoria, offering a grand space which celebrates the past and embraces the future. Elegant, in every sense of the word, this timeless lounge is home to the world-renowned tradition of Tea at the Empress and cocktails until 10 PM every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests at the Empress work out in a fitness center equipped with three treadmills, two elliptical trainers, two exercise bikes, strength-training machine, and free weights. The gym overlooks a 60-foot atrium pool located next to a hot tub. Fitness center changing rooms have showers, toiletries, towels, lockers, and saunas.
Bicycle and watercraft rentals are available across the street at Victoria's scenic Inner Harbour. Hotel staff can provide guests with running maps, water bottles, and towels. Flightseeing tours and whale-watching excursions depart from docks in the harbor.
The hotel is two blocks from Beacon Hill Park, an expansive facility with walking and running trails, a petting zoo, tennis courts, and magnificent views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the distant mountains of the Olympic Peninsula.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near this downtown Victoria hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Willow Stream Spa has been ranked within the top 5 spas in Canada by Conde Nast and was the reader's choice for Black Press' Best of the City.
Willow Stream Spa has 11 treatment rooms, including couples treatment rooms. Offerings include massage, aromatherapy, body scrubs, body wraps, and hydrotherapy. Manicures and pedicures are also available.
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per night
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cribs (infant beds) available
The photos are representative of rooms offered and may differ from the actual room received. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: CAD 25.00 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: CAD 15.00 (one-way), (from 3 to 17 years old)
- Self parking fee: CAD 32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per night
- Empress Fairmont
- Fairmont Empress
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Empress Victoria
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Victoria Fairmont
We should mention
Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Fairmont Empress is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.