Book your room at The Fairmont Empress
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric hotel on Victoria waterfront with spa
On scenic harbor
Overlooking the Inner Harbour, this landmark hotel is within steps of shop-lined Government Street and the copper-domed Parliament Buildings, and three blocks from the Maritime Museum.
Since its inception in 1908, The Fairmont Empress has been offering an elaborate traditional afternoon tea service in the majestic Tea Lobby. Afternoon tea has been served to royalty, celebrities, and travelers from around the globe.
Standard features of Fairmont Empress guestrooms include antique furnishings, armchairs, down duvets, ceiling fans, floral bedspreads and accent pillows, and signature bathrobes.Would you like to give us feedback? Share it! Opens in a new window
The Fairmont Empress721 Government St Victoria BC V8W1W5
The famed Empress Hotel, now a member of the esteemed Fairmont chain, has been offering its guests premier service and amenities since the hotel first opened its doors in 1908. Guests enjoy the use of an atrium pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness center, and the award-winning Willow Stream Spa.
Business services—including faxing, printing, and photocopying, as well as "light" secretarial services—are available, and a business center in the reception lobby has a computer with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). Wireless Internet access is also available in the lobby (surcharge).
A scheduled airport shuttle is also available for a surcharge. The property features an onsite garage parking (surcharge) and valet parking is available.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Children's club
- Children's pool
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 22600
- Conference space size (meters) - 2100
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Designated smoking areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Health club
- Indoor pool
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 8
- Number of meeting rooms - 33
- Number of restaurants - 4
- Picnic area
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 464
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 1908
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access (CAD 14.95 per 24 hours surcharge), Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Flat-panel TV
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Private bathroom
- Room service (24 hours)
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Enjoy a vibrant variety of dining experiences at the Fairmont Empress. Fresh ingredients celebrate local producers. Heighten your stay by dining in our sophisticated and timeless space.
Q At The Empress - Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Q Bar - Open from 11 AM - 1 AM with culinary offerings until midnight. Enjoy a selection of signature cocktails, an extensive wine list and local craft beers on tap.
Tea at the Empress - A tradition in Victoria for almost a century, with a modern chic ambiance. Choose from 21 loose leaf teas, including the famous Empress Blend.
Room service is available around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests at the Empress work out in a fitness center equipped with three treadmills, two elliptical trainers, two exercise bikes, strength-training machine, and free weights. The gym overlooks a 60-foot atrium pool located next to a children's wading pool and a hot tub. Fitness center changing rooms have showers, toiletries, towels, lockers, and saunas.
Bicycle and watercraft rentals are available across the street at Victoria's scenic Inner Harbour. Hotel staff can provide guests with running maps, water bottles, and towels. Flightseeing tours and whale-watching excursions depart from docks in the harbor.
The hotel is two blocks from Beacon Hill Park, an expansive facility with walking and running trails, a petting zoo, tennis courts, and magnificent views of the Strait of Juan de Fuca and the distant mountains of the Olympic Peninsula.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or near this downtown Victoria hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Willow Stream Spa has been ranked within the top 5 spas in Canada by Conde Nast and was the reader's choice for Black Press' Best of the City.
Willow Stream Spa has 11 treatment rooms, including couples treatment rooms. Offerings include massage, aromatherapy, body scrubs, body wraps, and hydrotherapy. Manicures and pedicures are also available.
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per night
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
The photos are representative of rooms offered and may differ from the actual room received. For more details, please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 10 and CAD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: CAD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per pet, per night
- Empress Fairmont
- Fairmont Empress
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Empress Victoria
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Victoria Fairmont
We should mention
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Fairmont Empress is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.