Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Vienna hotel in the city center near Albertina
On Karntner Strasse
The 19th-century Ambassador Hotel overlooks trendy Karntner Strasse in Vienna's city center. Albertina Museum, the Imperial Crypt, Haus der Musik, and St. Stephen's Cathedral are nearby. Stephansplatz and Karlsplatz metro stations are 200 meters away.
The hotel has free wireless Internet access and a restaurant serving Austrian cuisine. The Atrium Bar has a typically Viennese Grunderzeit-style decor with high ceilings, marble pillars, and crystal chandeliers.
Spacious and elegant guestrooms feature city views, neoclassical decor, dark wood furnishings, and select antiques. Rooms offer air conditioning, minibars, LCD TV, free wireless Internet access, and in-room safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Opened in 1898, the Ambassador Hotel has hosted famous guests such as Marlene Dietrich and Mark Twain. The hotel is within a short walking distance of major sights such as St. Stephen’s Cathedral, the Hofburg Imperial Palace, and the State Opera.
In fair weather, guests can watch the world go by with a glass of wine or coffee in the hotel's open-air café located on the Karntner Strasse. Breakfast buffet available (surcharge). The hotel also features a restaurant serving Austrian cuisine and seasonal dishes, as well as an atrium lounge offering coffee, cocktails, and snacks. A winter garden overlooks the historic Neuer Markt square. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center and complimentary wireless Internet access. A roundtrip airport shuttle service is available on request, for a surcharge. Multilingual staff can help book a trip to the opera or plan tours around Vienna.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free WiFi
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Laundry facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of floors - 5
- Meeting rooms 3
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Year Built 1898
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Ambassador - International and Austrian dishes served in a contemporary setting with integrated open-view kitchen and parquet floor. The restaurant leads to an attractive winter garden overlooking a fountain by the artist Raphael Donner.
Atrium Bar - Typically Viennese Grunderzeit-style high-ceilinged atrium with marble pillars and crystal chandeliers.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 50.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 50 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 25.00 for adults and EUR 25.00 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 55.00 per vehicle (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 55.00 (one-way), (from 0 to 18 years old)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 34 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 50 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for an additional fee
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50.00 per night
- Ambassador Hotel Vienna
- Ambassador Vienna
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).