Translation is not available.
Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Vienna hotel in the city center near Albertina
Popular property highlights
On Karntner Strasse
The 19th-century Ambassador Hotel overlooks trendy Karntner Strasse in Vienna's city center. Albertina Museum, the Imperial Crypt, Haus der Musik, and St. Stephen's Cathedral are nearby. Stephansplatz and Karlsplatz metro stations are 200 meters away.
The hotel has free wireless Internet access and a restaurant serving Austrian cuisine. The Atrium Bar has a typically Viennese Grunderzeit-style decor with high ceilings, marble pillars, and crystal chandeliers.
Spacious and elegant guestrooms feature city views, neoclassical decor, dark wood furnishings, and select antiques. Rooms offer air conditioning, minibars, LCD TV, free wireless Internet access, and in-room safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Opened in 1898, the Ambassador Hotel has hosted famous guests such as Marlene Dietrich and Mark Twain. The hotel is within a short walking distance of major sights such as St. Stephen’s Cathedral, the Hofburg Imperial Palace, and the State Opera.
In fair weather, guests can watch the world go by with a glass of wine or coffee in the hotel's open-air café located on the Karntner Strasse. Breakfast buffet available (surcharge). The hotel also features a restaurant serving Austrian cuisine and seasonal dishes, as well as an atrium lounge offering coffee, cocktails, and snacks. A winter garden overlooks the historic Neuer Markt square. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center and complimentary wireless Internet access. A roundtrip airport shuttle service is available on request, for a surcharge. Multilingual staff can help book a trip to the opera or plan tours around Vienna.
Ambassador Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 3
- Year Built 1898
- Free WiFi
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 85
- Number of floors - 5
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room safe
- Room service (limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Ambassador - International and Austrian dishes served in a contemporary setting with integrated open-view kitchen and parquet floor. The restaurant leads to an attractive winter garden overlooking a fountain by the artist Raphael Donner.
Atrium Bar - Typically Viennese Grunderzeit-style high-ceilinged atrium with marble pillars and crystal chandeliers.
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 50.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 25.0 per stay.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 50 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 25.00 for adults and EUR 25.00 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 55.00 per vehicle (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 55.00 (one-way), (up to 18 years old)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 34 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 50 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 25.0 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50.0 per night
- Ambassador Hotel Vienna
- Ambassador Vienna
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.