- Close to conference centre and town. Can walk to either on a nice sunny day.
- Excellent transport links near by.
- Good local amenities near by. I.e. Food shops, supermarkets and banks.
- Nice friendly staff. Very willing to help and offer assistance.
- Facilities in the room were spot on. Nice high spec finish.
- I was put in a room that was newly decorated and smelt of paint. It should have been well ventilated prior to putting a customer in. Bit of a terrible nights sleep as a result. Smell persisted despite the windows being kept wide open.
- I was told the air con is only switched on when the temperature is above 25oC outside. This was hugely disappinting as most budget hotels offer air with no such restrictions. I was therefore in a warm room that smelt of paint.
- You could tell work had recently been done to it as the floors appeared a bit dusty the first day.
Overall for a 4star hotel i was left feeling a bit disappointed. I perhaps should have perhaps challanged the issues at the hotel but as a single traveller in a foreign country i wanted to avoid confrontation.
Comment from Hotel Management
Mar 12, 2017 by Caroline Frece-Assistant Front Office Manager, Hotel Management
we would like to thank you for taking time to write this honest feedback of our hotel.
First of all it is good to read that you were satisfied with the location of our hotel and connection to the public transports.
The hotel is located close to the city centre, at a quiet street with restaurants, supermarkets and drug stores around it.
Secondly, we also like to thank you for your praise of our friendly staff and service.
Although the room facilities were spot on, we have to apologize for the inconvenience of the fresh paint smell in our new decorated rooms.
Moreover we are very sorry that you had no good sleep due to the fresh paint. Certainly, we are aware of how important a "smooth" sleep is. We always react immediately when guests contact us directly during their stay, in order to provide best service. Therefore we offer our guests to change the room to make their stay as comfortable and relaxing as we can.
As we focus on sustainability and enviromental habits, the air-condition is turned on only at summer time.
Once again we are sorry that you felt disappointed about the situation in our hotel.
We hope to be able to welcome you again sometime and wish you all the best.