Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vienna, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and museums. Around the area, top sights include Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, and White House.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodations in Vienna
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (IAD-Washington Dulles Intl.), 9 mi (14.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 14 mi (22.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vienna
The city is known for its live music, theaters, and museums, along with cultural venues like Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Meadowlark Botanical Gardens and Reston Zoo.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Vienna. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Dunn Loring Fairfax - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable rooms.
- Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Embassy Suites Hotel Tysons Corner - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room iPod dock. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Top places to visit in the area include Arlington National Cemetery, located 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city center, and Lincoln Memorial, which is 13.1 mi/21 km away.
Dressing for Vienna
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Vienna gets about 41.61 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F