Visiting Vila Nova de Foz Coa
Visitors can enjoy all that Vila Nova de Foz Coa has to offer including the art and museums. There are 81 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Vila Real (VRL), 32.5 mi (52.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vila Nova de Foz Coa
A favorite place to visit in the city is Parque Arqueologico do Vale do Coa. In the area, you'll also find Doctor Horacio de Sousa Garden and Torre de Moncorvo Church.
As you start planning for your getaway to Vila Nova de Foz Coa, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 81 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Holiday Apartment Douro Superior, Vila Nova de Foz Côa is 8.5 mi (13.8 km) from central Vila Nova de Foz Coa. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Alijo can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- The Vintage House - Douro is 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the center of Vila Nova de Foz Coa. This 4-star hotel in Alfandega da Fe features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and an indoor pool.
- Hotel & Spa Alfândega da Fé is located 26.7 mi (43 km) from the heart of Vila Nova de Foz Coa. Guests who stay at this 4-star farm stay in Pinhao can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Vila Nova de Foz Coa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 63°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 40°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Vila Nova de Foz Coa is 50.00 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F