Find Hotels in Villa Mella
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 17, 2020
Visiting Villa Mella
Visitors can enjoy all that Villa Mella has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Quisqueya Stadium, Centro Olimpico, and Alcazar de Colon.
- You'll find 384 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santo Domingo
- The closest major airport is in Santo Domingo (JBQ-La Isabela Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santo Domingo (SDQ-Las Americas Intl.), 16.7 mi (26.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Villa Mella
Quisqueya Stadium, Centro Olimpico, and Alcazar de Colon are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find National Palace and Parque Colon.
As you plan your vacation to Villa Mella, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 249 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Barceló Santo Domingo is located within 4.7 mi (7.5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Santo Domingo can enjoy access to a casino and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Boutique Hotel Palacio is located 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Santo Domingo can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Santo Domingo is 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Santo Domingo features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Colon Lighthouse and Museum, 4.9 mi/7.9 km from the heart of the city, and Cathedral of Santo Domingo, which is 4.9 mi/7.9 km away.
Getting Around Villa Mella
Take advantage of metro transit at Gregorio Urbano Gilbert Station, Mama Tingo Station, and Gregorio Luperon Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Villa Mella
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- Villa Mella gets about 55.83 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 66°F