Visitors to Virginia are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 93 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Darwin, NT (DRW-Darwin Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Virginia
Places to visit in the larger region include Darwin Crocodile Farm, Hidden Valley Raceway, and Flight Path Golf & Outdoor Recreation. Additionally, you'll find Berry Springs Nature Park and Crocodylus Park in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Virginia, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 93 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Travelodge Resort Darwin is located 13.7 mi (22.1 km) from the heart of Virginia. This 4-star hotel in Darwin features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Mercure Darwin Airport Resort is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from central Virginia. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Eaton can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with a private patio. Our customers like its breakfast and pool.
- Palms City Resort is 13.6 mi (21.9 km) from the center of Virginia. This 3.5-star motel in Darwin features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and conference space. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
Dressing for Virginia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 67°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 67°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 92°F and nighttime averages of 75°F
- About 67.05 inches of rain falls on Virginia each year
- Usually November and October are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 68°F