Visitors can enjoy all that Vopnafjordur has to offer including the waterfalls, riverfront, and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Vopnafjordur
- The closest major airport is in Egilsstadir (EGS), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Vopnafjordur
A favorite place to visit in the city is Kaupvangur Culture Centre. In the area, you'll also find Selardalslaug Pool and Burstafell Museum.
As you book your getaway to Vopnafjordur, you may not find the ideal place to stay in the city center, but below are lodging choices around the area.
- Sireksstadir is 5.6 mi (9 km) from central Vopnafjordur. This 2-star guesthouse in Vopnafjordur features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and location.
- Hotel Tangi is 3.6 mi (5.8 km) from the center of Vopnafjordur. This 2.5-star hotel in Vopnafjordur features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Vopnafjordur
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 36°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 49°F, while the average at night is 28°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 53°F with nighttime averages of 37°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 43°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Vopnafjordur each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 51°F, whereas February and March are often coldest, averaging 26°F