Visiting Wadi Rum
Visitors to Wadi Rum are sure to enjoy the local tours. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and temples.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in Wadi Rum
- The closest major airport is in Aqaba (AQJ-King Hussein Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Eilat (ETH), 32.2 mi (51.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wadi Rum
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the desert and these places to visit: Burdah Rock Bridge, Khazali Canyon, and Wadi Rum Visitor Center. Additionally, you might want to add Lawrence's Spring to your agenda.
In Wadi Rum, you'll find 52 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Beyond Wadi Rum Camp - This 2.5-star tentalow features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Rahayeb Desert Camp - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this tentalow. With a stay at this 2.5-star tentalow, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Captain's Desert Camp - This 2-star campground features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. Expedia customers love its comfortable rooms and location.
Dressing for Wadi Rum
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 49°F
- From April to June, the average is 103°F during the day and 59°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 104°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 95°F as the daytime average and 49°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Wadi Rum is 0 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 103°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 50°F