Visitors can enjoy all that Wageningen has to offer including the wineries, museums, and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting and archaeological sites. A top sight in the area is Pyramid of Austerlitz.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Wageningen
- The closest major airport is in Eindhoven (EIN), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol), 45 mi (72.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wageningen
Pyramid of Austerlitz is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find Ouwehand Zoo and Sint Cunerakerk.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Wageningen. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel de Wereld - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Fletcher Hotel De Wageningsche Berg - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Nol in 't Bosch - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Wageningen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 31°F
- From April to June, the average is 70°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Wageningen gets about 1.06 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 71°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F