Visitors to Waikkal are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, spas, and local tours. A top sight in the area is Negombo Beach.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Waikkal
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Waikkal
Negombo Beach is a notable place to visit in the region. You'll also find St Anthony's Church and St. Sebastian's Church in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Waikkal. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Club Hotel Dolphin - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its room size and location.
- Ranweli Holiday Village - Our customers like the beach locale at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
Dressing for Waikkal
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Waikkal gets about 2.44 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F