AVOID, Do Not Stay Here..... Buyer Beware!
Posted Aug 17, 2015 on Hotels
The room was just plain and simple disgusting, even for a 40 something guy like me who has seen his fair share of rundown Motel/Drive-in rooms.
** The bottom line is that the rancid smell of cigarette smoking was truly horrible, it was baked into the walls, furniture, paint, carpet, closet etc. Not to mention the bathroom door and bathroom walls were dirty and soiled, worse that a frat house. Sink and shower were clean.
I checked-in at 5:45 pm and I was late for a friend's get together so I quickly showered and got ready to go and by the time I got to the front desk at 6:15 nobody to be found, door locked.
I left the AC unit on in the hopes of getting some of the stench out of the room (to no avail).
I crashed at 2am (yep, great party at my friends house in Spring Lake). Every time I woke up the 1st thing to hit me was the acrid smell of stale cigarette smoke, it was overwhelming.
I left at 8am, office was still closed so nobody to complain to. The close in my suitcase, hanging in the closet all reeked of bitter old cigarette smoke!!
To wrap this up:
• Room 117 was so bad I am sure it is a reflection of the whole Motel.
• NO Fire/Smoke detectors in the room, definitely a fire hazard violation.
• Broken Bathroom door, lock and door jam busted, hole in upper right side.
• Bathroom walls have various stains and marks.
** DO NOT STAY IN THIS ROOM or Motel (117) and for the $140 I paid it was a royal rip-off.