Visiting Walnut Shade
Visitors can enjoy all that Walnut Shade has to offer including the shopping and museums. Around the area, top sights include Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Theater, Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction, and IMAX Entertainment Complex.
- You'll find 1111 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Branson
- The closest major airport is in Branson, MO (BKG), 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Springfield, MO (SGF-Springfield-Branson National), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walnut Shade
A favorite place to visit in the city is Bonniebrook Gallery, Museum and Homestead. In the area, you'll also find Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Theater and Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction.
As you start planning your visit to Walnut Shade, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 344 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Bear Creek Bed and Breakfast Lodge is 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the center of Walnut Shade. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Walnut Shade can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Large Luxury Home - Reunions, Retreats, Corporate Groups, Golfers, Fishermen is 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from central Walnut Shade. This 3-star hotel in Branson features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Grand Plaza Hotel Branson is located 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the heart of Walnut Shade. This 3.5-star hotel in Branson features a water park, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include IMAX Entertainment Complex, 9.5 mi/15.4 km from the heart of the city, and Veterans Memorial Museum, which is 9.6 mi/15.4 km away.
Dressing for Walnut Shade
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 75°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 46.26 inches of rain falls on Walnut Shade each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F