Those traveling to Warakapola are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 31 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 21 mi (33.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Warakapola
Places to visit in the larger region include Wewaladeniya King's Temple, Kirindiwela Central College, and Kirindiwela Temple. In the area, you'll also find Wathurugama Buddhist Temple and Millennium Elephant Foundation.
As you plan your trip to Warakapola, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 31 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Elephant Bay is 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from central Warakapola. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Pinnawala can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- The Wallawwa is 19 mi (30.5 km) from the center of Warakapola. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kotugoda can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Hotel Elephant Park is located 14.6 mi (23.4 km) from the heart of Warakapola. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Pinnawala can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Warakapola
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 91°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Warakapola is 2.44 inches
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 72°F