Visitors can enjoy all that Wartburg has to offer including its parks. There are 58 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 37.2 mi (59.8 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wartburg
Places to visit in the larger region include Southern Appalachia Railway Museum, Children's Museum of Oak Ridge, and Roane State Community College. Additionally, you'll find East Tennessee Agricultural Exposition Center and Oak Ridge Art Center in the area.
As you plan your trip to Wartburg, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can choose from 58 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Comfort Inn Oak Ridge - Knoxville is 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from central Wartburg. This 2.5-star hotel in Oak Ridge features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oak Ridge - Knoxville is located 17 mi (27.4 km) from the heart of Wartburg. This 3-star hotel in Oak Ridge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Crossville is 26.5 mi (42.7 km) from the center of Wartburg. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Crossville can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable beds.
Dressing for Wartburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 50.91 inches of rain falls on Wartburg each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 30°F