Book your room at Hotel Monaco Washington DC, a Kimpton Hotel
Monte CarloMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Accessible Monte Carlo Guest RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Accessible Monte Carlo Guest Room with Roll In ShowerMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Double Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children, 2 infants)
Monte Carlo, Premier RoomMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Robert Mills SuiteMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 4 children, 3 infants)
Mediterranean SuiteMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 4 children)
Get an overview of this hotelLandmark 1 block from Penn Quarter, Verizon Center
Penn Quarter palace
This National Historic Landmark hotel, within 1 block of the Verizon Center and Penn Quarter, is across the street from the National Portrait Gallery and the Spy Museum and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Poste Moderne fare
Hotel Monaco Washington DC occupies the richly restored Post Office Building, completed in 1842; the former mail-sorting room is now home to the Poste Moderne brasserie, serving modern American cuisine.
On Jefferson's watch
A bust of Thomas Jefferson watches over spacious and boldly accented guestrooms at Hotel Monaco Washington DC. Rooms have 19-foot ceilings, CD players, cordless phones, and designer bath products. A complimentary wine hour for all guests takes place each evening in the lobby.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Hotel Monaco is located in Washington, DC's Penn Quarter, across the street from the National Portrait Gallery. A transformed federal building, the hotel is a playful mix of neoclassical architecture and whimsical decor with bold orange accents and modern art pieces throughout its public spaces.
Some machines in the 24-hour fitness center include LCD TVs with earphones. A business center with both Macs and PCs is open 24 hours a day (surcharge). Overnight shoeshines are complimentary, as are morning newspapers. The property is smoke-free.
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fireplace in lobby
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 4
- Multilingual staff
- Smoke-free property
- Spa services on site
- Total number of rooms - 183
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- WiFi (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 12.99 USD per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( 12.99 USD per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( 12.99 USD per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( 12.99 USD per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Cable TV service
- Climate control
- Free newspaper
- Free toiletries
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Frette Italian sheets
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room massage available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- LCD TV
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (24 hours)
- Turndown service
- Video-game console
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Sample menu for Poste Moderne Brasserie
Poste Moderne Brasserie - An open kitchen, outdoor seating in a glass-enclosed area, skylights, and large picture windows are among the highlights of this modern brasserie. High-sided booths provide privacy. Originally the mail-sorting room of a post office that dates to 1841, Poste retains original cast-iron ceilings, granite walls, and masonry floors. The menu includes American dishes that integrate ingredients from the restaurant’s own garden and from area farms. Open seven days a week with brunch on weekends; the Poste bar is open while the restaurant is open and after hours.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour on-site fitness center has treadmills with LCD TVs and earphones, cardio equipment, and free weights.
A four-story YMCA with a swimming pool is two blocks from the hotel. The Hotel Monaco is four blocks from the National Mall, with its open space to jog or walk.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near Hotel Monaco Washington DC - a Kimpton Hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children under 18 years old stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Pets allowed (no fees)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25 per night
- Hotel Monaco
- Hotel Monaco Washington DC
- Monaco Hotel
- Monaco Hotel Washington DC
- Monaco Washington DC
- Monaco Washington DC Hotel
- Washington DC Hotel Monaco
- Washington DC Monaco Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.