Get an overview of this hotelDowntown Washington, DC hotel near White House
This 15-story hotel is adjacent to the National Theater, 2 blocks from the White House, 4 blocks from the National Mall, 1 mile from the Capitol, and 2 miles from Georgetown.
Indoor splash pool
Guests at J.W. Marriott Washington DC can take a dip in the indoor splash pool, exercise in the 24-hour fitness facilities, and relax in the sauna or spa tub.
Guestrooms at J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue feature Revive signature bedding with down comforters and 300-thread-count cotton linens and offer high-speed Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
JW Marriott Washington DC
Next to the National Theater, the recently renovated J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue, is 2 blocks from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall. The hotel offers 29 meeting rooms, including a 13,680-square-foot ballroom. Wireless Internet access is available in the 2-story lobby and adjacent restaurants. Guests can also use a business center with high-speed Internet access.
The 24-hour fitness facilities includes an indoor splash pool, saunas, and a spa tub. Dining and drink options include an American restaurant, an international lounge, and a Starbucks.
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Business center
- Conference space
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Number of floors - 15
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Coffee shop or café
- Express check-in
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Concierge services
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Meeting rooms 29
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 777
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1984
- Conference space size (feet) - 37,000
- Conference space size (meters) - 3
- Number of meeting rooms - 29
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa tub
- Indoor pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Television in common areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per day ), Wired internet access ( USD 12.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- LCD TV
- Cable TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
1331 - Open for lunch and dinner, this lounge offers tapas and other international dishes in a room with brown-leather banquettes, recessed lighting, and nine televisions. Guests can plug laptops into tableside jacks for high-speed Internet access.
Avenue Grill - The split-level restaurant serves American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and offers an outdoor terrace overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue. A bar area with a fireplace is located on the upper level.
Nearby Things to Do
J.W. Marriott Washington DC on Pennsylvania Avenue's 24-hour fitness facilities include five treadmills, four stationary bikes, three stair machines, several weight machines, and free weights. Guests can also use an indoor splash pool, spa tub, and saunas.
A mile south of the hotel, Washington, DC's National Mall has a tree-lined walking and running path. Two miles away, the 18-hole golf course at Hains Point is perched on the banks of the Potomac River.
There's a two-tier driving range and a miniature golf course.The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Only service animals are allowed
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.46 per day (in/out privileges)
- JW Marriott Hotel Washington DC
- JW Marriott Washington DC
- JW Washington DC
- JW Washington DC Marriott
- Marriott JW Washington DC
- Marriott Washington DC
- Washington DC JW Marriott
- Washington DC Marriott
- Jw Marriott Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Stay For Breakfast
Stay in selected rooms and receive daily breakfast for two adults and children under 13 (extra-person charges apply for additional adults and include breakfast).
This promotion is valid for on-site breakfast from the hot buffet, full menu, or room service. Guests must book the “Stay for Breakfast” room type. Promotion may not be available on all days. Not combinable with other promotions.