Get an overview of this hotelWashington, DC boutique hotel near Dupont Circle
Popular property highlights
Downtown DC refuge
Located in the vibrant Dupont Circle neighborhood, this stylish hotel is 5 blocks from modern art at the Phillips Collection and 8 blocks from the National Mall's museums.
Dog's day out
Kimpton Hotel Madera caters to pet owners with complimentary bowls or treats in rooms (by request); after a day with Spot, guests can relax in the birch-lined Firefly American Bistro and enjoy the hosted evening wine hour.
In-room spa services
Spacious rooms at Kimpton Hotel Madera feature grass-cloth wallpaper, Japanese-inspired patterned carpeting, and oversized wooden headboards inset with indigo mohair padding. In-room spa services can be requested.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Kimpton Hotel Madera
Located in Washington, DC's vibrant Dupont Circle neighborhood, the smoke-free Kimpton Hotel Madera is six blocks from George Washington University and 2.5 miles from The Smithsonian's museums.
The hotel's business center has a computer and printer. Business services include faxing and copying (surcharges apply) and there are 3 meeting rooms on site. Guests have complimentary access to a nearby fitness center. Spa services are also offered on site. Valet parking is also available for a surcharge.
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 3
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 82
- Number of floors - 10
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per stay )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.99 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Separate sitting area
- Soundproofed rooms
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Cable TV service
- Free newspaper
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room massage available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
The hotel offers complimentary hosted wine reception each evening. Complimentary coffee is available in the lobby each morning.
Firefly - A menu of American comfort food and modern interpretation of classic dishes is served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Many dishes incorporate locally grown ingredients, created with the season’s harvest in mind.
Nearby Things to Do
Hains Point is an 18-hole course two miles away on the banks of the Potomac River. There's a two-tier driving range and a miniature golf course that's listed on the National Register for Historic Places - also known as East Potomac Park Golf Course & Driving Range.
Buffalo Billiards, a popular pool and billiards hall, houses several tables and five dart boards in a cavernous underground room one block from the hotel. Guests can sign up for Kimpton InTouch loyalty program to receive complimentary use of the YMCA facilities one block from the hotel. There is a fee for non-loyalty members.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 25.00 per night.
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 24.10 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
- Breakfast fee: between USD 12 and USD 15 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 48.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 25.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35 per night
- Hotel Madera
- Hotel Madera Washington
- Madera Hotel
- Madera Washington
- Hotel Madera Kimpton
- Kimpton Hotel Madera Washington
- Kimpton Madera Washington
- Kimpton Madera
- Hotel Madera a Kimpton Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.