Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelAsian opulence overlooking the Tidal Basin
Popular property highlights
Far East meets West Wing
Muze restaurant offers international, Asian-influenced cuisine with fine views of the Jefferson Memorial, the Potomac, and cloud-like cherry blossoms in spring.
This Washington DC luxury hotel has an indoor lap pool and a sundeck with river views; a 14,000-square-foot spa offers a range of services, including massage therapy and hot-stone treatments.
The Mandarin Oriental's guestrooms feature pillowtop mattresses and down comforters, DVD and CD players, teak furnishings, marble baths, three multi-line phones, and wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C.
This Washington DC luxury hotel features a 50-foot indoor lap pool, a fitness center with personal trainers and yoga classes (surcharge), and a 14,000-square-foot health spa offering an array of massage therapies and beauty treatments (surcharge). Dining options include a restaurant serving international cuisine and local produce, a lounge with garden views, and 24-hour room service. Valet parking is available on site (surcharge).
The Mandarin Oriental's business center provides printing, faxing, copying, shipping, and secretarial services (surcharge for all). Meeting and event space includes 2 ballrooms, a 5,000-square-foot outdoor terraced garden with marina views, and 9 meeting rooms for more intimate gatherings. Audio-visual equipment and event catering are available.
This is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 16
- Express check-out
- Year Built 2004
- Electric car charging station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Steam room
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2787
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 30000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 397
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 9
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 15 per day ), Wireless internet access ( USD 15 per stay )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 15 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room massage available
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Pillowtop mattress
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Muze - The hotel's all-day dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine with an Asian influence. Boasting local produce and waterside views, Muze serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Empress Lounge - Groups of plush armchairs and couches provide intimate spots for signature cocktails, wines, and spirits, as well as afternoon tea, a selection of coffees, and light fare including miniature sandwiches and scones. This sunken lounge off the lobby also features 2-story windows offering garden and river views.
Nearby Things to Do
A 50-foot indoor lap pool is adjacent to 2 walls of full-length windows that open onto a sundeck overlooking the Potomac River. The fitness center has stationary bikes, treadmills, and ellipticals, which are all equipped with small televisions, as well as exercise balls, free weights, and weight machines. Personal trainers and yoga classes are available for a surcharge.
The Spa at MO is the place to be for rest and relaxation. This 10,500-sq-foot escape offers manicures and pedicures, body treatments, massages, a sauna, and spa services influenced by the Time Rituals™ concept. Eight treatment rooms, plunge and vitality pools, a steam room, and Zen relaxation rooms are also available.
A footbridge links the hotel to Washington Marina and the East and West Potomac parks, which run along the banks of the Potomac River. Toward the park's southern end, Hains Point provides a tennis court, a playground, a two-tiered driving range, miniature golf, and an 18-hole golf course.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Number of treatment rooms 8
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per day, plus a one-time cleaning fee of USD 100.00 and a deposit of USD 100.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 25 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 29 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 15 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 15 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 55.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per day plus USD 100.00 one-time cleaning fee
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington D.C.
- Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C.
- Washington D.C. Mandarin Oriental
- Mandarin Oriental Washington D.C. Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental D.C. Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental D.C.
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.