Get an overview of this hotelLuxury Washington hotel in Downtown Washington D.C., walk to White House
VIP Access™ Hotel
Our customers receive consistently exceptional service at these hotels.
Expedia Rewards members get double value for their points when booking any VIP Access hotel.See details
Located in Downtown Washington D.C., this luxury hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Lafayette Square and White House. National Theatre and Warner Theatre are also within 10 minutes. McPherson Sq. Station is only a 3-minute walk and Farragut West Station is 7 minutes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a 24-hour fitness center and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, valet parking, and coffee/tea in a common area.
All 237 rooms offer thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, as well as comforts such as pillowtop beds and premium bedding. Free WiFi and iPod docks are standard, as are flat-screen TVs with cable channels.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 5-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and limo/town car service.
Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. This Beaux Arts hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, spa services, and a library. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is a smoke-free property.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built - 1999
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 237
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 12
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired internet access ( USD 16.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Number of bathrooms -
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge on weekdays between 6:30 AM and 11 AM and on weekends between 7 AM and 11 AM.
Opaline Bar and Brasserie - This brasserie serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Start your day with a full breakfast, available for a surcharge on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 11 AM and on weekends from 7 AM to 11 AM. You can order a meal from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Pets allowed (no fees)
- Resort fee: USD 28.70 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- In-room bottled water
- Breakfast fee: between USD 30 and USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 64.90 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
- Sofitel Lafayette
- Sofitel Lafayette Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Hotel Washington DC Square
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- Sofitel Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Sofitel
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Square Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Square
- Accor Washington Dc
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.