Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelFrench-inspired luxury accommodations near the White House
Popular property highlights
Located on Lafayette Square bordering the White House, this French-inspired hotel in Washington, DC, is within walking distance of the National Mall, Vietnam Memorial, and the Smithsonian Museum.
The French-inspired Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square has a 24-hour business center, 6 meeting rooms, and a fitness center. Dining venues include the Opaline Bar and Brasserie.
Rooms feature feature SoBed - a luxurious feathertop and duvet sleep system. Spacious marble bathrooms have separate tub and rain showers, robes, slippers, and luxurious French toiletries.
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
Once hailed as Le Petit Grand Dame in the early 1900s, the historic Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square combines original French architecture and grandeur with modern convenience. Located on the corner of Lafayette Square near the White House, the hotel offers 6 meeting rooms that carry the names of Parisian landmarks and districts.
A 24-hour business center, library, and WiFi and wired internet (surcharge) are available to guests as well as a 24-hour fitness center. Opaline Bar and Brasserie serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 24-hour room service is also available.
The Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is a smoke-free property.
- Bar/lounge 1
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 6
- Year Built 1999
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 237
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 12
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Number of bathrooms -
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square offers room service 24 hours a day.
Opaline Bar and Brasserie - French style Bar and Brasserie with a stunning and vibrant atmosphere welcomes locals and guests alike to enjoy French comfort food including steak tartare, tartines, pâté to share, fruits de mer, croque monsieur, and steak frites.
Nearby Things to Do
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 22.96 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- In-room bottled water
- Breakfast fee: between USD 30 and USD 50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 16.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 64.90 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
- Sofitel Lafayette
- Sofitel Lafayette Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Hotel Washington DC Square
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- Sofitel Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Sofitel
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Square Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Square
- Accor Washington Dc
We should mention
Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.