Book your room at The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
Get an overview of this hotelLuxury DC hotel 2 blocks from Dupont Circle
Near Dupont Circle
This Washington, DC luxury hotel is in a shopping district, 2 blocks from Dupont Circle, 4 blocks from Georgetown, and 1 mile from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Service and style
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Starwood Luxury Collection offers a fireplace lounge for drinks and dinner, room service, 24-hour fitness, and concierge services.
iPod® docks, LCD TVs
This hotel offers 259 guestrooms, each with high-speed Internet, radios with iPod® docking stations, LCD TVs, and signature beds with 300-thread-count linens.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
This historic Massachusetts Avenue hotel sits amidst the mansions of Embassy Row, 2 blocks from Dupont Circle and within a mile of Georgetown. The hotel is within walking distance of The Phillips Collection, the Anderson House, Connecticut Avenue, and several restaurants and shops. A metro stop is 1.5 blocks away, with access to Connecticut Avenue shopping and The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is less than 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment. Guests may dine in the hotel's inviting Fairfax Lounge; sit down to breakfast, lunch, or dinner in the Capitol Room; or avail themselves of room service. The Fairfax at Embassy Row has 6 conference rooms, with a combined total of 6,500 square feet (603 square meters) in meeting or event facilities. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas including the 24-hour business center.
The hotel offers overnight, daily, and dining valet parking for a surcharge. Self-parking is not available.
- 24-hour business center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Conference space size (feet) - 6500
- Conference space size (meters) - 604
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Luggage storage
- Meeting rooms 6
- Multilingual staff
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Number of floors - 8
- Number of meeting rooms - 7
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Smoke-free property
- Total number of rooms - 259
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Year Built 1927
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( 12.95 USD per day ), Wired internet access ( 12.95 USD per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( 12.95 USD per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( 12.95 USD per day )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Cable TV service
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Iron/ironing board
- LCD TV
- Pay movies
- Pillowtop mattress
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Room service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Capitol Room - American cuisine (made from all-natural ingredients) and affordable wines in a relaxed setting. Open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Host to the Capital Wine Festival. Full breakfast is available (surcharge).
Fairfax Lounge - Cocktail bar serving lunch, dinner, light fare, appetizers, happy hour, and exquisite beverage specials, this paneled room is an inviting place warmed by 2 fireplaces. Antique oars and model boats lend a nautical feel. The Lounge hosts wine tasting events and features an inspired menu of regional delights.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment. The nearest golf course is the 18-hole Hains Point, less than three miles away on the banks of the Potomac River. Hains Point includes a two-tier driving range, as well as a miniature golf course listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at Midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is Noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 45.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 45 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 45.00 per night
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.