Get an overview of this hotelLuxury DC hotel 2 blocks from Dupont Circle
Popular property highlights
Near Dupont Circle
This Washington, DC luxury hotel is in a shopping district, 2 blocks from Dupont Circle, 4 blocks from Georgetown, and 1 mile from the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
Service and style
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington D.C., Preferred Hotels & Resorts offers a fireplace lounge for drinks and dinner, 24-hour fitness, and concierge services.
iPod® docks, LCD TVs
This hotel offers 259 guestrooms, each with high-speed Internet, radios with iPod® docking stations, LCD TVs, and signature beds with 300-thread-count linens.
- Good location
- Proximity to public transit
- Helpful staff
- Clean guestrooms
- Comfy beds
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
This historic Massachusetts Avenue hotel sits amidst the mansions of Embassy Row, 2 blocks from Dupont Circle and within a mile of Georgetown. The hotel is within walking distance of The Phillips Collection, the Anderson House, Connecticut Avenue, and several restaurants and shops. A metro stop is 1.5 blocks away, with access to Connecticut Avenue shopping and The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is less than 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment. Guests may dine in the hotel's inviting Fairfax Grille Lounge and sit down to breakfast in the Capitol Room. Free public WiFi access is available in public areas including the 24-hour business center.
The hotel offers overnight, daily, and dining valet parking for a surcharge. Self-parking is not available.
- Express check-in
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1927
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Free wired Internet
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 259
- Number of floors - 8
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Pillowtop mattress
- iPod docking station
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
Where to Eat
Capitol Room - American cuisine (made from all-natural ingredients) and affordable wines in a relaxed setting. Open daily for breakfast. Host to the Capital Wine Festival. Full breakfast is available (surcharge).
Fairfax Grille and Lounge - Cocktail bar serving dinner, light fare, appetizers, happy hour, and exquisite beverage specials, this paneled room is an inviting place warmed by 2 fireplaces. Antique oars and model boats lend a nautical feel. The Lounge hosts wine tasting events and features an inspired menu of regional delights.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center offers a variety of cardio and strength-training equipment. The nearest golf course is the 18-hole Hains Point, less than three miles away on the banks of the Potomac River. Hains Point includes a two-tier driving range, as well as a miniature golf course listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 16 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 45.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 49.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 45.00 per night
- Fairfax Embassy
- Fairfax Embassy Row
- Fairfax Embassy Row Washington D.C. Hotel
- Fairfax Embassy Row Washington D.C.
- Fairfax Embassy Row D.C. Hotel
We should mention
Up to 3 children 16 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.