Get an overview of this hotelClassy, modern rooms near Washington's Embassy Row
Popular property highlights
Minutes from Mall
Just 1 mile from the Smithsonian museums, this hotel on M Street, near downtown Washington DC, is well situated for politically minded guests—it is 5 blocks from the White House and Embassy Row.
The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel has hosted every U.S. president since 1963, and it draws its name from President James Madison and First Lady Dolly Madison.
The guestrooms at The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel include 300-thread-count duvets and down pillows, as well as sculpted marble baths with heated towel racks, and free WiFi access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel
Located near downtown, The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel is less than 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the Washington Monument and the White House.
The hotel features 356 guestrooms, including 27 suites, and has 1 restaurant and a lounge. Guests can also get coffee in the lobby and room service meals, as well as advice and arrangements from the concierge desk. Meeting facilities total 11,900 square feet (1,070 square meters). Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access is available throughout the property. Valet parking is available (surcharge).
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1963
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Steam room
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Computer station
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1106
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 11900
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Conference center
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 356
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 15
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Pay movies
- Designer toiletries
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- Free local calls
- Turndown service
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Postscript Restaurant & Lounge – Set just off the lobby in an alcove with city views, this restaurant serves dinner from 3-11 PM. Award-winning chefs create an innovative menu using locally-grown produce. Al fresco seating is available. Open daily.
Barista Bar - Starbucks station and one-stop shop for guests and Washington, D.C. locals looking for a hot or cold Starbucks beverage and breakfast or a snack on the go. Located just off the main lobby. Open daily 6 AM-2 PM.
Room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The Madison Washington DC, A Hilton Hotel's 24-hour fitness center supplies guests with exercise machines, weights, and locker rooms that include showers and saunas.
The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden Ice Rink is 6 blocks from the hotel where all are welcome to skate; open late on the weekends, this lighted rink provides skate rentals for two-hour sessions, a snack bar, restrooms, and a variety of music for skaters. Open November to mid-March.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per night
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per night
- Hotel Loews Madison
- Loews Hotel Madison
- Loews Madison
- Loews Madison Hotel Washington
- Loews Madison Washington
- Madison Hotel
- Madison Loews
- Madison Loews Hotel
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.