Get an overview of this hotelLuxury hotel with health club in chic West End
Popular property highlights
Walk to Georgetown
Located where downtown and the West End converge, the Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C. is 5 blocks from Georgetown, 6 blocks from Dupont Circle, and 3 miles from the National Mall.
Spa, health club
Guests have access to the on-site 100,000-square-foot health club with sundeck, racquetball and basketball courts, fitness classes, spa and massage treatments, and salon (surcharges may apply).
The 300 guestrooms provide classic furnishings, Frette bed linens, and marble bathrooms with tub pillows, bathrobes, and slippers. High-speed Internet access is available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Ritz-Carlton, Washington, D.C.
Guests have access to a private health club on site (surcharge). The 100,000-square-foot Sports Club/LA features indoor basketball courts, 4 racquetball/squash courts, work-out equipment, personal trainers, and classes from Tai Chi to water aerobics. Guests under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to access the fitness center. Splash Spa is equippped with a sauna, steam room and spa tub, and offers reflexology, massages and body treatments.
The Lobby Lounge offers light fare, top-shelf liquors, an international wine list, and an extensive menu of single-malt scotches. The award-winning Westend Bistro serves dinner daily and lunch Monday through Friday. This property is smoke-free.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- 24-hour front desk
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 8
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Laundry facilities
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 300
- Number of floors - 11
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 9.95 per day ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 9.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 9.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 9.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- iPod docking station
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Westend Bistro - This casual American bistro features fresh ingredients from local farmers when possible. Lunch is served Monday through Friday from 11:30 AM to 2:30 PM (lunch is not served on weekends). Dinner is served nightly starting at 5:30 PM. Off the Hill Happy Hour at the Westend Bistro Bar is offered Monday through Friday from 5 PM to 7 PM.
The Lobby Lounge - Located adjacent to the hotel’s Main Lobby, The Lobby Lounge provides the perfect setting for cocktails and light fare. In addition to top shelf liquors and an international wine list, the menu of single malt scotches is among the best in the district. Open Sunday through Thursday 5 PM to Midnight, and Friday and Saturday 5 PM to 1 AM.
Blu Cafe - The small buffet-style restaurant serves sandwiches and drinks adjacent to the Sports Club. Guests can dine in the café, a bright space with full-length windows and a zebra-patterned rug, or in the TV lounge around the corner, which has turquoise easy chairs.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests have access to the 100,000-square-foot health club located on the hotel's 2nd floor (surcharge). The Sports Club/LA has 4 squash and racquetball courts, 4 basketball courts, an aerobics room, dozens of bikes, treadmills, stair machines, and an array of classes. Personal trainers are available, as are hair stylists, massage therapists, and manicurists (surcharges).
Children must be at least 16 years of age and accompanied by an adult to have access to the sports club. On Family Day (Sunday), children 6 months and older are welcome between 11 AM–3 PM.
3 blocks northwest of the hotel is 1,750-acre Rock Creek Park, with a stable and numerous walking, running, and biking paths. Mountain bikers enjoy pedaling along the C&O Canal towpath that begins 6 blocks west of the hotel in Georgetown.
Public tennis courts are 3 blocks from the hotel, next to a public playground. The nearest golf course is Hains Point, an 18-hole course about 3 miles away on the banks of the Potomac River. It has a two-tier driving range, as well as a miniature golf course that's on the National Register of Historic Places.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Basketball on site
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Volleyball on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Detoxification wrap
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 125.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 35 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 51 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 125.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
- Facilities fee: USD 15 per person, per day and includes use of:
- Ritz-Carlton Hotel Washington D.C.
- Ritz-Carlton Washington D.C.
- Washington D.C. Ritz-Carlton
- Ritz-Carlton Washington D.C. Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton D.C. Hotel
- Ritz-Carlton D.C.
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.