Get an overview of this hotelDowntown atrium hotel six blocks from White House
Popular property highlights
Close to White House, museums
This Westin hotel is conveniently located 6 blocks from The White House, 6 blocks from the Convention Center, 10 blocks to the Smithsonian museums, and in close proximity to 2 Metro stations.
Fringetree Restaurant is a stylish, urban restaurant and lounge that offers guests a modern and intimate atmosphere. Unwind and enjoy a game in front of one of the 4 LCD TVs.
Added during extensive renovation, all guestrooms include remodeled bathrooms, new guestroom soft goods, 50-inch LCD TVs, refrigerators, and safes in every room. Wireless and wired Internet access is available.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
This downtown Washington, DC hotel is 6 blocks northwest of the White House and within 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of Smithsonian museums and national monuments. With a Metro stop 2 blocks south, Westin Washington DC guests have easy access to these and numerous other destinations.
Westin's dining and refreshment options include the casually sophisticated Fringetree restaurant, open daily for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can also grab a drink at the restaurant's bar.
2 computers with high-speed Internet access (surcharge) are available in the business center. The hotel offers 16,000 square feet (1,440 square meters) of combined meeting space.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 16
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1486
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 16000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 406
- Number of floors - 12
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: ,
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Rainfall showerhead
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Partially open bathroom
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (free)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
1400 North – Airy space overlooking atrium from second floor. American and international cuisine. Buffet and à la carte breakfast.
Fringetree – Innovative restaurant and lounge providing the ideal atmosphere for a delectable meal or handcrafted cocktail. Fuses the contemporary feel of a sophisticated urban eatery with options for the health-conscious guest. The menu includes traditional dishes, as well as cutting-edge creations that encompass Westin’s SuperFoods concept. A wide-ranging selection of wine, beer and cocktails complement the imaginative cuisine.
Nearby Things to Do
Energize in our 24-hour WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio. Elevate your energy level on the treadmill, grab a mat to stretch, and let go of the stress or tone up with strength machines. Our fitness studio features state-of-the-art weight machines, free weights, cardio equipment that faces personal flat-screen televisions, and more. We provide everything you need for an exhilarating workout, so you can energize or de-stress day or night. The gym is available to guests 16 years and older.
Top jogging spots downtown Washington, DC include Lafayette Park, seven blocks south in front of the White House, and the museum-lined National Mall, about 10 blocks from the hotel.
Hains Point, two miles away on the banks of the Potomac River, offers an 18-hole public golf course, a two-tier driving range, and a miniature golf course that's on the National Register of Historic Places. Other attractions include a playground and the giant sculpture The Awakening.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at 11 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Up to 40 lb
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 25
- Washington DC Westin
- Westin Hotel Washington DC
- Westin Washington DC
- Westin Washington Dc City Center
- Westin Washington, Dc City Hotel Washington Dc
- Westin Washington D.C. City Center Hotel
- Westin D.C. City Center Hotel
- Westin Washington D.C. City Center
- Westin D.C. City Center
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).